ICYMI: Trump addresses his first 100 days in office

US NEWS TRUMP 5 MW

As President Trump approaches his 100th day in office, he has already begun to address his accomplishments and media perception at rallies and on Twitter.

“No administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days,” Trump said April 18 before an audience of manufacturing workers and technical students at the headquarters of Snap-On, a Wisconsin-based manufacturing company.

Since taking office, Trump has had his Supreme Court nomination Neil Gorsuch confirmed.

He has also signed 28 bills into law, the highest number for a new president since 1949, according to the Washington Post.

He has also signed executive orders, such as the failed travel ban, and released a proposed budget for 2018.

However, polling firm Gallup reported that Trump has a historically low approval rate of 41 percent since his inauguration in January.

The previous president to hold Gallup’s lowest approval ratings in the first quarter was Bill Clinton with a 55 percent approval rating. The firm said the average presidential approval rating at the end of the first quarter is 61 percent.

Trump said that these low numbers are due to the media’s portrayal of him.

“No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!” Trump tweeted Friday.

White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus said in an interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that the president is “fulfilling his promises and doing it at breakneck speed,” particularly in reference to increasing military spending and removing the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade deal.

However, Trump’s travel ban was blocked by the courts twice, his proposed bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act did not pass Congress and Mexican president Enrique Pena Nieto said his country will not pay for the border wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

Nevertheless, Trump’s supporters still stand behind him. According to an ABC News and Washington Post poll, 4 percent, or about 2.5 million voters, of those who voted for Trump regret their decision.

As the president approaches his 100th day in office Saturday, he is expected to sign more executive orders this week.