weekend

"Fuller House" is better than you think

ENTER VID-FULLER-HOUSE LA

Let the haters hate because “Fuller House” is literally perfect.

While I have to admit I feared “Fuller House” would be the garbage that was the “Boy Meets World” revival “Girl Meets World,” I was pleasantly surprised when all the feels from the original series came back to me in 13 glorious episodes Feb. 26.

The plot line is simple and is carried out by all of the original actors of “Full House.”

DJ’s husband has died and Stephanie and Kimmy move in to help DJ raise her three boys. While the three girls try to do what was done years before, random appearances by Aunt Becky, Uncle Jesse, Danny and Joey allow us to have that nostalgic feel we so need and desire.

“Fuller House” tries to keep with the format of “Full House” but takes on a new twist: the focus is on the adults, not the children.

This revival truly is for our generation but this has taken some flack from reviewers and the public.

But, I counter, what would you expect? We grew up with “Full House” reruns and people 10 years our senior grew up watching it on air. This show has every right to be made for us.

The focus on relationships is appropriate for the revival as many of the viewers of “Full House” are now at the stage in life the characters in “Fuller House” are currently residing, just like when “Full House” was on the air.

Why break a formula that works? The format of the show made it great and has warranted the revival. Breaking that formula is simply bad business.

The focus on the girls and where their lives are now is what we have been wondering since we all saw that last episode.

We get to see where all of our favorite characters have been and hopefully we will continue to see where they will go.

While the troupe of three young boys and Kimmy’s daughter does present an option for a new generation to grow up on, the more mature themes of the adults clubbing and getting back on to the dating scene are just what the doctor ordered for us.

Maybe it’s a bit too generic, predictable, lame or structured, but that’s seriously what makes it perfect.

Each episode is 25 or 30 minutes of pure bliss — no thought or significant time committment required.

Sometimes that is what we need in life.

From Uncle Jesse singing my future wedding song “Forever” to Kimmy being as nasty as Kimmy always was, some things haven’t changed. But all that consistency is pleasant in a world that just can’t seem to allow us to return to the classics.

It’s even in the theme song.

“What ever happened to predictability?” Well, your answer is “Fuller House.”

My friend once told me there is good garbage and there is bad garbage.

Well, my friends, I present to you some damn good garbage.

Sit back, block out a day, relax and let the binge watching commence.

@allisonmwagner