administration

McRobbie talks Bicentennial Strategic Plan at BEDC meeting

From IDS reports

Yesterday, IU President Michael McRobbie spoke about progress and priorities of the University’s Bicentennial Strategic Plan at the Bloomington Economic Development Corporation annual meeting.

McRobbie’s speech, “Planning for Excellence in Indiana University’s Third Century: Strategic Initiatives and Opportunities for IU and Bloomington” focused on strengthening the University’s commitment to student success and increasing its capacity for research, scholarship and creative activity, according to an IU press release.

“IU has played a critical role in the education and well-being of the state of Indiana and its residents,” McRobbie said in a press release. “As we look ahead to our bicentennial in 2020, the University has launched an ambitious set of initiatives focused on student success and the value of an IU education; research and scholarly excellence; and the University’s role as an economic powerhouse in 
Indiana.”

During his presidency, eight schools have been established or reconfigured. Construction and renovations have occurred on nearly 70 major facilities across all campuses for a total value of nearly $2 billion.

McRobbie also oversaw the completion of the $1.1 billion Matching the Promise endowment campaign at IU-Bloomington. Additionally, he oversaw the launch of For All, the University’s $2.5 bicentennial campaign.

Before becoming president, McRobbie served as vice president for information technology and chief information officer, as vice president for research and as interim provost and vice president for academic affairs for IU-Bloomington.