IU in third through day three of the Big Ten Conference Championships

Day three of the Big Ten Championships in Columbus, Ohio ended on Thursday with the Indiana University women’s team sitting in third place with 179 points.

Freshman Kennedy Goss came through for the Hoosiers once again as she placed first for the second time in the tournament. Her time of 4:37.83 allowed her to take the gold medal in the 500 freestyle.

Her teammate junior Haley Lips followed right behind to grab second place for the Hoosiers.

“Another great session,” said IU head coach Ray Looze. “The 500 free went like we predicted. We just have to keep moving forward, putting one foot in front of the other.”

Freshmen Vertigans and Gabriela Rajic paired with junior Brooklyn Snodgrass and senior Cynthia Pammett in the 200 freestyle relay to finish with the fifth-fastest time in IU history. They placed seventh overall in the race.

Freshmen Sam Lisy raced a career high in the 200 individual medley with a time of 1:58.76. She placed seventh overall in the race. Sophomore Bailey Pressey finished right before her to grab the sixth place finish.

The day finished with the 1-meter springboard, sophomore Jessica Parratto and junior Lacey Houser competed for the Hoosiers. Parratto placed fourth with a score of 322.30 and Houser placed 14th overall with a score of 299.20.

“It was a good solid day,” Looze said. “We’ve got more in the tank we’re capable of hitting on all cylinders.”

Day three starts on Friday at 11:00 a.m.