letters

Pass the FairTax

An internal email to IRS ?employees was leaked to the press this week.

A senior IRS official warned that their budget was slashed so deeply that refund checks would be delayed, less than half of the people calling the IRS would reach a human being and there would be more identity theft.

I’m sure the IRS’s solution would be for American taxpayers to pay more money to fund their effort to intimidate and harass us, have more people we could call that would give us the wrong answer to our tax questions and to expedite giving us back our own money they have held for a year without paying us a single cent in interest.

There’s a better solution. ?Eliminate income tax and shut down the IRS completely.

H.R. 25 and S-155 — the ?FairTax bills — would do exactly this by replacing our oppressive ?income tax with a single national retail tax on new goods and ?services with no tax on basic ?necessities.

Passing the FairTax would be transformative for this ?country, encouraging people to work and creating millions of new jobs as companies flood to the ?United States to produce products ?tax-free.

That’s the solution — no issues with late refund checks, no filling out tax forms and no stealing tax returns for identity theft. Pass the FairTax!

Sincerely,