Solving nature's rubix cube

For whatever reason, many people, even doctors, have a hard time understanding that the female orgasm comes from erogenous zones other than the vaginal canal.

Some even believe that women don’t achieve orgasm at all, when really only 10 percent of females experience anorgasmia, the inability to have an orgasm. There’s even a popular term for the female anatomy: “nature’s rubix cube.”

A 2012 Yale study performed by Dr. Amichai Kilchevsky, who is a man, and his colleagues, found that the female G-spot does not exist. It was reported by the Yale Daily News and reviewed 60 years of published work, examining 29 separate studies.

The big problem here is that Kilchevsky, when he was presenting his research, interchangeably used “G-spot” with “orgasm” and “erogenous zone” with “vaginal canal.” I will allow whether or not an anatomical G-spot inside of the vagina exists to remain in question. But in Kilchevsky’s findings, he seemed completely flabbergasted, as he researched, by the fact that women do not orgasm from intercourse every time. The language is loaded with questions about the connection between the female orgasm and the ?vaginal canal.

I would argue that he was looking in the wrong spot.

It is important to define the limits of the study. The G-spot, so named for German gynecologist Ernst Grafenberg, who first began studying the female orgasm in 1950, generally refers to a sensitive area in the anterior wall of the vagina, or the wall facing the stomach.

Purportedly, there is a cluster of nerves there that stimulate orgasm. It was that specific cluster that Kilchevsky was looking for and could not find.

Kilchevsky and those who worked on the study believe female sexual pleasure, but not orgasm, comes from the confluence of pressure placed on the “genitally sensitive organs,” which I find extremely hard to believe, and that the “spot” is actually a larger area, which seems ?obvious.

Kilchevsky said he believed the famed “G-spot” is actually just an extension of the clitoris inside the vagina.

The female orgasm does not necessarily come from intercourse. In fact, according to womensday.com , 80 percent of women do not climax from intercourse alone, which is probably why Kilchevsky was having such a hard time finding women who achieved orgasm from putting “pressure” on their “genital organs,” which honestly sounds painful and clumsy.

Rather, inside the clitoris resides a cluster of extremely sensitive nerves.

According to Psychology Today, there are some 7,000 to 8,000 nerve endings in that spot alone.

Look up common orgasm myths online, and you’ll find that almost all of them are baffled by the fact that only 30 percent of women achieve vaginal orgasm. I have to ask why so many are obsessed with this seeming flaw in women but can’t understand that if you pull out and move two inches up, you may find what you’re looking for.

To say that women cannot achieve vaginal orgasm without exploring separate avenues and other erogenous zones is to spread falsehoods and misinformation about the female body.

This damages women’s perceptions of themselves and perpetuates not only the ridiculous idea that women biologically exist to please men, but has insidious rape culture overtones.

Maybe next time they will hire a team of women to sort it all out.