weekend

More Amy, please

More Amy, please

Known for her roles in “Parks and Recreation,” “Mean Girls,” and, most notably, her long stint on “Saturday Night Live,” Amy Poehler is one of the best in the business.

She’s won a Golden Globe and been nominated for countless Emmy awards.

Now, our favorite city councilwoman is taking a step out of television and film into a new medium — print. Joining the club occupied with stars such as Tina Fey, Mindy Kaling and Lena Dunham, Poehler is releasing a new memoir, “Yes Please.”

Whether it’s just a phase or a trend that’s here to stay, Weekend is entirely behind this batch of female writers and actors breaking the “old boys club” mold of comedy and showing the world women are funny, too.

Here’s to you, Amy Poehler. We’re waiting with baited breath to get our hands on “Yes Please.”

“Yes Please” is published by Harper Collins Publishers and Dey Street Books and will be released Tuesday.

The best of Leslie Knope

Not many people love local government like Amy Poehler’s “Parks and Recreation” character, Leslie Knope, does. From her adoration of breakfast foods to big politicians, Leslie Knope has warmed the hearts of millions. Here are some of our favorite quotes of hers:

“I can’t kill the possum, because it might be innocent. I can’t let the possum go, because it might be guilty. Can’t make a good soup, can’t do a handstand in a pool. Can’t spell the word lieutenant. There’s a lot of cant’s in my life right now.”

“Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?”

“You know as well as I do that we are not allowed to accept gifts over $25 for corruption reasons. We live in a fish bowl and the public is always watching. That’s why I go two towns over if I want to rent a movie with nudity in it.”

“I’m the guest of honor at this gay bar tonight. I guess gay men are starting to like me. I don’t know, I guess they think I’m fabulous or something.”

“You know my code: hoes before bros. Uteruses before duderuses. Ovaries before brovaries.”

Amy's 'SNL' characters

Arguably Poehler’s most famous recurring “SNL” character, her Hillary Clinton didn’t quite achieve Tina Fey’s Sarah Palin, but she came pretty darn close. An unforgettable moment — Fey and Poehler standing side by side as Palin and Clinton in September of 2008 to deliver the show’s cold open. Brilliant.

Another one of Poehler’s famous recurring characters was Kaitlin, the insane 10-year-old girl who drove her stepdad up a wall with how unbelievably annoying she was. Absolutely hilarious, Kaitlin showed just how absurdly funny Poehler could be in the hit-or-miss world of sketch comedy.

One of the notable highlights of “SNL” for decades has been its “Weekend Update” sketch — a comedic telling and analysis of the week’s news. Co-anchoring with other “SNL” legends such as Tina Fey and Seth Meyers, Poehler gave an amazing performance for years during this segment.