Department of Education releases 2014 ISTEP scores

From IDS Reports

The Indiana Department of Education released spring 2014 ISTEP scores for all elementary and middle schools in Indiana early this month . The test is administered to students grades three through eight and helps determine the amount of No Child Left Behind funding allotted to schools .

Scores were up statewide, according to a DOE press release , with 74.7 percent of Indiana students passing both the language arts and math exams , compared to 73.7 percent last year .

Monroe County Community School Corporation elementary and middle school scores covered a wide range, with the lowest score less than 50 percent and the highest above 90 percent.

Fairview Elementary had the lowest percentage in MCCSC of students passing both language arts and math tests this year , following the pattern of the last two years . Only 44.9 percent of its students passed both tests in 2014 . That’s slightly down from last year, when 48.8 percent of students passed both tests , but slightly up from 2012, when 43.3 percent passed .

The MCCSC elementary school with the next lowest percentage of students passing was Arlington Heights Elementary School , with 62.6 percent of students passing both language arts and math ISTEP tests .

Like Fairview, this is not much of a change from the last two years. In 2013, 61.7 percent of Arlington Heights students passed both tests , while 68.1 percent passed in 2012 .

At the other end of the spectrum, Childs Elementary and University Elementary passed 92.7 percent and 91.2 percent of students respectively , making them the MCCSC elementaries with the highest pass rates .