When to visit your student

HomecomingParade

Freshman Family Weekend (Nov. 7-9)

What is there to do at IU? Come find out. Tours will run all weekend for families to see what their freshman is up to.

The IU Visitor Information Center will be open to families as the “Official Front Door” of IU.

Families can take tours of the Herman B Wells Library, Wylie House, Lilly Library, Student Recreational Sports Center and Wildermuth Intramural Center, which will allow them to use athletic facilities for free when accompanied by a student.

Different academic buildings will open for viewing, and the Bloomington’s Farmers’ Market will be open to give visitors a taste of locally grown produce.

The IU football team will then take on Penn State, and a Freshman Family Weekend Hospitality tent will be at the game.

Call ahead for specially priced tickets. Check FYE’s website for a complete schedule of all IU has to offer this weekend.

Parents Weekend (Nov. 7-9)

Stay at the Indiana Memorial Union, the heart of IU, for a weekend specifically geared toward you.

Tours will go on at IU’s landmarks, including the Lilly Library, Wylie House, Wells Library, Kinsey Institute and IU Art Museum.

Reservations are encouraged, especially with IMU events. More details and schedules online.

Homecoming Week (Oct. 17-19)

This is one of the biggest events in Bloomington, especially if you’re an IU alum. 

The week will culminate with an IU football game versus Michigan State on Saturday.

More information on Homecoming events will be posted as they become available. 

Check online at alumni.indiana.edu/together/homecoming/ for details.

Year-round performances

The IU Auditorium, Jacobs School of Music and the Department of Theatre, Drama and Contemporary Dance have events and performances year-round.

Attractions come in from across the country and abroad. Visit the respective websites for details and dates of these events.

New attractions are added all the time, so check for some of your favorites, and make plans to visit.