sports women's basketball

Bass joins IU coaching staff in full-time position

The IU women’s basketball team announced Tuesday that IU Coach Curt Miller has hired Briana Bass as assistant to the director of basketball operations.

Bass was promoted to the position after being hired as an assistant video coordinator for the Hoosiers in December.

“I am excited to begin this new role with Coach Miller and everyone involved with Indiana women’s basketball,” Bass said in a team release. “This coaching staff and these players have something special going here in Bloomington, and it is an honor to be a Hoosier.”

Bass earned her master’s degree at IU after spending four years playing basketball for legendary coach Pat Summit at Tennessee.

She played in 118 games during her career with the Lady Vols.

She was also part of a pair of Elite Eight runs in 2011 and 2012 and a Sweet Sixteen appearance in 2010.

Miller said he was excited to add Bass as a full-time member of the coaching staff after she helped IU in its Women’s National Invitation Tournament quarterfinal run last season in her part-time position.

She will assist director of basketball operations Liz Honegger for the Hoosiers coaching staff.

“Bree has boundless energy, and her positive attitude rubs on the coaching staff and players,” Miller said. “She played at the highest level of college basketball, and she can provide invaluable lessons to our young players.”

Sam Beishuizen