sports women's basketball

Gerardot to compete in China

CAROUSELspGerardot

IU women’s basketball senior forward Tabitha Gerardot has been chosen to play for the USA Women’s All-Star Basketball Team in a pair of international tournaments starting April 20 in China.

The All-Star Team is made up of 10 college women’s basketball players who have completed their collegiate eligibility. The team will play a three-game round-robin tournament in three cities in China.

Among the competitors will be women’s teams from New Zealand, Denmark, China, Australia and Slovenia.

NetScouts Basketball organizes and coaches All-Star Men’s and Women’s teams, like the one Gerardot will play for, to represent the United States in international basketball competition.

The goal of the national teams is to allow successful basketball players who have recently ended their college careers a chance to experience international
competition, representing their country while also being able to experience overseas travel.

Gerardot is the second Hoosier to earn a spot on the team in as many years. IU graduate Aulani Sinclair played in the games in China last summer for the same organization.

Fellow Big Ten player Amber Moore of Illinois will join Gerardot on the team USA squad.

Gerardot transferred to IU to use her final year of playing eligibility after earning her undergraduate degree from Valparaiso in three years. During her senior season as a Hoosier, Gerardot averaged 8.8 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.

The Fort Wayne native finished her four-year college career having played in 127 games, starting in 122 of those games. She finished her college tenure with a combined 1,512 points and 910 rebounds during her time at Valparaiso and IU.

Sam Beishuizen