administration

Position added to bring in more minority students

As part of the recently reorganized IUB admissions team, the IU Office of Enrollment Management recently appointed an Indianapolis-based associate director of admissions.

Khala Granville was hired to focus on diversity-oriented recruitment and outreach in the Indianapolis area.

She graduated from Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis with a Master of Divinity degree and has interned and volunteered with community organizations in Indianapolis, according to a press release.

“Khala Granville is a welcome addition to our recruiting team,” David Johnson, vice provost for enrollment management, said in a press release.

“She will hit the ground running as she is already located in Indianapolis and has strong relationships with community-based organizations,” he said. “With Khala as part of our diversity recruiting team, we have an even greater opportunity to make personal connections with prospective students, their families and school counselors, helping them to see IU-Bloomington as a place where they will flourish and go on to successful careers.”

Granville will lead efforts to assist IU to meet its enrollment goals with a focus on outreach through community organizations, counselors in high school, campus, competitions, churches and community colleges.

Granville and four Bloomington staff members make up the IU admissions team that will concentrate its effort on recruiting prospective students for IU from underrepresented minority populations.

Larry Gonzalez is leading the team on an interim basis as senior associate director of admissions.

Kathrine Schulze