IU Cinema to bring Goldthwait

CAROUSELentBobcat

Comedian and filmmaker Bobcat Goldthwait will screen his latest film, “Willow Creek,” at 9:30 p.m. Oct. 31 at the IU Cinema.

Tickets are $3 and can be purchased at the IU Auditorium Box Office or one hour prior to screening at the IU Cinema.

Goldthwait is famous for his comedic role in the “Police Academy” film series.
He has screened films at multiple festivals including the Toronto International Film Festival and the Sundance Film Festival.

As the latest addition to his filmography, “Willow Creek” focuses on the myth of Bigfoot and tells the story of a couple who find themselves in Willow Creek, Calif., a known Bigfoot territory.

The film was shot in a found-footage style and features interviews with Willow Creek residents about the legend of Bigfoot in their town.

Along with his new film, Goldthwait will also screen his 2012 film, “God Bless America,” at 6:30 p.m., prior to “Willow Creek.”

The comedy tells the story of a recent divorcee who teams up with a high school student to take out reality TV stars and celebrities. 

Following his screenings, Goldthwait will give a free lecture at 3 p.m. Nov. 1 at the cinema.

IU Cinema Director Jon Vickers said in a press release the cinema looks forward to welcoming Goldthwait.

“He has had a successful life in entertainment, but in talking with him it is clear that making his own films is what he seems to love most,” Vickers said in a press
release.

— Carolyn Crowcroft