Get furnished for less

Bloomington is full of places to acquire furnishings for your new house or apartment. Whether you’re in the market for a bed, a kitchen table or random knickknacks with which to decorate, these are just some of the places that can help you turn your new living space into a home.

Pier 1 Imports
849 S. Auto Mall Road
812-333-7437

Shop here for smaller furniture items, such as upholstered chairs, dressers and side tables, as well as kitchenware and accent items like mirrors, picture frames and wall art. The décor is colorful and will make your living space look put-together, but be prepared to pay a bit more for the value.

Delivery is not available, although items can be shipped via FedEx or directly from the website.

Goodwill
1284 Liberty Drive
812-336-8104

For frugal college students, consignment furniture can be the difference between a partially and fully furnished living space.

Although it can be hit or miss, shop Goodwill for deals on dressers, full-length mirrors, sofas and wall art.

Delivery is not available, so enlist the help of a friend with a truck to transport large furnishings.

Long’s Landing
5167 E. State Road 46
812-332-5888

Visit Long’s Landing for new and used furnishings, including bedroom sets, sofas, mattresses, desks and bookcases.

Expect to pay close to retail price for many of the newer items.

Delivery is $30 for anywhere in Monroe County.

Furniture Exchange

424 S. College Ave.
812-334-1236

Shop here for new and used sofas, dresser drawers, chairs and mattresses. They also have a wide selection of accent pieces and inexpensive artwork.

Delivery is offered in Monroe County for $35.