Get to know your administration

IU's Big 3 redefined

Pete Goldsmith

The IU administration is made up of over 100 administrative offices and services, each of which carries out a different task.  With so many departments, it’s hard to remember who does what. These are IU’s top three administrators, and here’s what they can do for you.

Michael A. McRobbie, president
McRobbie was appointed as IU’s 18th president by the IU Board of Trustees on July 1, 2007. As the president, McRobbie is responsible for each of IU’s eight campuses, which has an approximate total budget of $2.7 billion, more than 16,000 faculty and staff and about 100,000 students. 
McRobbie, a native of Australia, received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Queensland and his doctoral degree from the Australian National University.
To contact the Office of the President, call 812-855-4613, email iupres@indiana.edu or visit indiana.edu/~pres/.

Lauren Robel
, provost and executive vice president
Robel officially took over the provost position on July 1, 2012. The provost serves as the university's "Chief Academic Officer," overseeing and advancing the interests of undergraduate, graduate, and professional education on campus.
Robel is the Val Nolan Professor of Law, and served as the dean of the Maurer School of Law from 2003-2011.
Robel graduated summa cum laude from Maurer Law and earned her bachelor's degree with honors from Auburn University.
The provost office is located in Bryan Hall Room 100. Her email address is provost@indiana.edu.

Harold "Pete" Goldsmith
, dean of students
Goldsmith was named dean of students in 2009 after overseeing student affairs and enrollment at Kent State University. He received his undergraduate and doctoral degrees from IU.
“The dean of students leads the Division of Students Affairs,” Goldsmith said. “We provide direct support services for students, try to remove barriers for students and provide programs that enhance students’ educational experience.”
The dean’s office can be found in the Indiana Memorial Union. His phone number is 812-855-8187 or email iubdos@indiana.edu.