You might already know this, but —

Tarot card reader extracts your inner power, fate

Julia Gordon-Bramer isn't your typical psychic

Julia Gordon- Bramer isn’t your typical psychic.

A professor of humanities and creative writing at Lindenwood University and retired entrepreneur of an alternative rock publication, she’s also a tarot card reader with 33 years of experience.

“I do wear many hats,” she says.

She discovered tarot cards as a teenager after wandering into a magic shop.

“I thought they were so beautiful and weird, so I just had to have them,” she says.

When Gordon-Bramer delivers bad news, she investigates further by adding more cards to the mix. She then offers advice to change the outcome of the negative path.

“I do believe that we have power over our own lives, unlike, say, a horoscope that casts a future in stone.”

Gordon-Bramer taught herself to read the cards with the instruction manual that came with her set. She says she has an innate, elevated sense of empathy that only true tarot card readers possess. She’s trained herself to interpret the cards both individually and in relation to one another.

Gordon-Bramer’s practice is infused with Buddhist and Kabbalist teachings. She says she believes tarot card reading is focused on the psychological aspect instead of the spiritual.

“The idea is I am just showing you what you already know on a higher subconscious level,” she says.

Her explanation of the practice brings the secret meaning out of the cards. The cards are based on human archetypes that are present cross-culturally, which means readings are inclusive to all.