Deadlines soon for RA application, break move-out dates announced

As the semester winds down, the following IU Residential Programs and Services deadlines approach.

Resident Assistant and CommUNITY Educator position applications

Students interested in applying to be a resident assistant or CommUNITY Educator for the 2013-14 school year must attend one of eight information sessions to learn more about the positions. For the complete list of dates and locations as well as more information about the selection process and eligibility, visit rps.indiana.edu.
Online applications are due Dec. 4.

Thanksgiving break housing

Thanksgiving break begins 10 a.m. Nov. 17. Residence halls closing for break will reopen 8 a.m. Nov. 25. There will be no desk, mail or food service during the break.

Residents of Ashton Center, Briscoe Quad, Collins Living Learning Center, Eigenmann Hall, Forest Quad, Foster Quad, McNutt Quad, Read Center, Teter Quad and Wright Quad planning to stay in a dorm during Thanksgiving break must make a reservation by 5 p.m. Nov. 9.

Students will receive a confirmation no later than Nov. 16, and a $50 nonrefundable reservation fee will be billed to their bursar account. To make a reservation, visit go.iu.edu/Cz.

Residents of Willkie Quad, Mason Hall, Union Street Center and Hillcrest Apartments can stay during Thanksgiving break, according to housing contracts. RPS requests students inform the center desk of their plan to stay for safety reasons.

Residents of the Banta, Bicknell, Hepburn, Nutt, Campus View, Evermann, Redbud, Tulip Tree, Third and Union and University apartments can remain in their housing during break and do not need to contact the center desk.
Spring semester housing changes

Current RPS residents wanting to change their housing for the spring semester can file a room change request from Nov. 5-16. Request forms will be available at all center desks.

Students will be notified about the outcome of their request by Nov. 27 and must move to their new housing before semester break begins Dec. 15.

Megan Jula