student life

Welcome Week calendar: stay busy

Traditions and Spirits 2010

You’re all moved in, and now you have to decide how to savor the last few days before classes. Enjoy some free food and fun with these Welcome Week traditions.

CultureFest

4:30 to 7:30 p.m. today
IU Auditorium

Sample IU’s diversity with henna tattoos, student group performances and food from around the world. Free food vouchers are available to students who attend the indoor presentation from 4:30 to 5:20 p.m.

CultureFest After-Party

7 to 10 p.m. today
IU Art Museum

The fun continues after CultureFest with music, coffee and desserts.

IU Fall Jobs Fair

9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Friday
Indiana Memorial Union Alumni Hall

Needing a little extra cash this semester? Meet area employers and snag a part-time job. Learn about work-study jobs at the 9 a.m. session and non-work-study jobs at the 1 p.m. session.

Sex, Drugs and Rock ’n’ Roll

Noon to 3 p.m. Friday
Showalter Fountain

Learn about making positive health choices amidst the college social scene at this annual event, which includes information booths, games, music, snow cones and cotton candy. The event is sponsored by IU Health Center Counseling and Psychological Servies and Sexual Assault Crisis Services.

The Traditions and Spirit of IU

4:30 p.m. Friday
Assembly Hall

Kick off the school year with a little Hoosier spirit. Learn the cheers and chants you’ll need for the student section later this year and participate in a prize giveaway. Doors open at 4 p.m.

Taste of the Union

8 p.m. Friday
IMU

After showing your spirit in Assembly Hall, head to the IMU for free food, music, games and karaoke.

Check out the First Year Experience Welcome Week guide or idsnews.com for more Welcome Week events.

— Kirsten Clark