Baldwin to expose orgasm myths, sex misinformation

Kathleen Baldwin, a renowned sexuality educator, writer and consultant, will lead a session titled “The Art of the Orgasm, Mine and Yours.”

The session will take place at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at The Venue Fine Arts and Gifts.

In this session, Baldwin will explore the myths and misinformation regarding male and female orgasms, as well as help people acquire new tools to learn more about their own sexual preferences and those of their partners.

The event is intended for adults only.

The Venue featured another event with Baldwin at the beginning of March, and this session is meant to be a follow-up.

“On her first presentation, there were no seats left. Kathleen is a very outgoing and committed professional who understands other people’s needs,” said Gabriel Colman, curator of The Venue. “We hold a variety of events every Tuesday afternoon, and we are glad to be hosting this presentation.”

Debby Rogers, a private counselor, has known Baldwin since their time at the IU School of Social Work.

“She comes from a strong foundation to present programs on sexuality and delivers these effectively to her audience,” Rogers said.

In this session, Baldwin said she hopes she can inspire people to look at all the fun and positive aspects of sexuality.

“People hang on to the idea that orgasm is the most important thing in a sexual relation,” Baldwin said. “My mission is to help people realize we are all sexual beings, helping them broaden their experience and perception on sexuality.”