Monday, June 17

Pretty Lights to headline this year’s GLOWfest

Pretty Light

GLOWfest is back and brighter than ever.

Scheduled for Thursday, April 14, the festival-style concert will feature a total of six acts, with electronic band Pretty Lights as the headliner.

“This is going to be an event different than any other concert IU has held before,” GLOWfest co-founder Deuce Thevenow said. “A staff of over 50 student interns has been working around the clock to make sure of that.”

Mitchell Schoeneman is one of those dedicated students who promises GLOWfest will stay true to its name.

“Our goal is to light up all of Bloomington,” Schoeneman said. “This concert is going to be the best and brightest party of the year.”

GLOWfest will be at the Bell Tower Field, which will be fitted with a 72-foot stage.
Festival admission tickets will go on pre-sale Friday for $25 and will increase to $30 beginning 10 p.m. Sunday.

At the beginning of the year, Thevenow said he sent out a number of surveys to gain student feedback on who they would like to see at GLOWfest. With a mentality of “for the students, by the students,” Thevenow said he hopes to showcase artists of various genres.

“We live in an electronic world that has allowed us to expand our musical tastes over a wide range,” Thevenow said. “It is time for our concerts to reflect that.”

Philanthropy has also been brought to the forefront of GLOWfest this year. Zeta Tau Alpha sorority will be co-hosts of the event, and $2 from each ticket sold will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for breast cancer.

“This is going to be a quality show from every angle,” Thevenow said. “Our aim is to have a clean event that will be both affordable and fan-friendly.”

As for the five additional acts, GLOWfest organizers will continue to make announcements on official Facebook and Twitter pages. All performers will be announced by Friday.