Monday, June 17

Twista to return to Jake's

Twista

With the return of Twista to Jake’s Nightclub on Friday, things for promoter Joby Wright of BFA Entertainment are coming full circle.

“I booked Twista at Jake’s back in 2008,” Wright said. “It was the very first show that I did, and I have been networking, promoting and booking ever since.”

Wright along with BFA Entertainment has been responsible for a majority of the hip-hop acts brought to Jake’s, including Mike Posner and Gorilla Zoe.

The show at Jake’s starts at 9 p.m. with Twista set to perform at 10 p.m. as part of “The Personal Trainer Tour.” Admission is $15, with VIP tickets for sale at $40.

Wright said bringing Twista back to Bloomington was a project he personally supported and was excited about, and it seemed like the right way to kick off the new year.

“We waited to announce the show until the first week of January to build the hype of the first hip-hop show at Jake’s of 2011,” Wright said.

After the release of Twista’s latest album, “The Perfect Storm,” Wright began working on booking the hip-hop artist.

“I knew Twista would draw in a large crowd,” Wright said. “His song ‘Make a Movie’ is top-10 on the R&B and Hip-Hop Billboard charts right now, so people will come see him based on the popularity and relevance of that song.”

Along with new material, Wright said Jake’s is working hard to make Twista’s reappearance even more entertaining than the last.

“We are working on an even larger VIP section and creating more space to fit all the fans,” Wright said. “This concert is going to start the new year at Jake’s off right.”