The coolest, most useful everyday spells

spells

Whether the name just sounds cool to say or the spell itself would come in handy, these Harry Potter spells are the unforgettable gems of the batch.

“Expecto Patronum”

Firstly, this spell provides protection from the notorious Dementors. It is also a favorite, because the animal is uniquely manifested by the personal essence of the wizard or witch casting the spell.

“Avada Kedavra”
Hearing this spell shouted out loud across the theater is possibly one of the most entertaining parts of going to a midnight showing of the Harry Potter series. Plus, who wouldn’t like to just see their archnemisis simply drop dead on the spot? No bullets necessary.

“Wingardium Leviosa”

The ability to move a couch with the flick of a wand is a wholly tempting aspect of this handy spell. Although it is one of the most useful spells, it is also one of the most basic in the wizarding curriculum. Feeling it roll off the tongue is one of the most enjoyable aspects of this charming spell.

“Expelliarmus”
More times than once this beginner spell has gotten Harry out of a jam, and it seems like one that would always come in handy.

“Accio”

No more getting up to change the channel whilst enjoying your favorite Quidditch match. Simply repeat “Accio remote” and relax while the tediously distant object comes flying into one’s grasp.

“Stupefy”
Not only is this one entertaining to say, but it also stuns one’s opponent in their tracks. It’s thanks to this spell that Harry stands a chance against his more advanced opponents on numerous occasions.

“Lumos”
Forget about lugging around a flashlight anymore with this spell. The knowledge of this one could shine some light in the darkest and creepiest of places.

"Apparition"
Although quite advanced, this instantaneous teleportation would be well worth the time learning. Just don’t forget the three D’s: Destination, Determination, and Deliberation, or the results could be gruesome.