Four arrested in connection to armed robbery

Four people were arrested Wednesday  for armed robbery of an apartment.

Three bandana-wearing males busted open an apartment door, drew their guns and had the three residents at gun point while they raided.

The apartment was at the 2000 block of Brandon Court, and it was ransacked at 10:30 p.m., according to a Bloomington Police Department report read by Lt. David Drake.

The robbers left the apartment with $800 to $900 cash, an Xbox 360 and a pair of Jordan basketball shoes. They left in a white four-door Honda driven by a female. The car was pulled over by BPD officer Tracey Headley who responded to the robbery call.

More officers arrived to the car at Windslow and Walnut streets. The victims were then brought to the intersection and identified the suspects as the robbers.

BPD found only one handgun, an Iver Johnson .22 semi-automatic, in the vehicle. The gun had been reported stolen.

Three bags of marijuana were found and totalled 153 grams. The bandanas and game system were also found, but the other reported guns were not found.

On Thursday, however, a silver handgun was found at the 600 block of Windslow Farm drive, according to the report.  

BPD is further investigating the case, and the victims of the robbery did not report any marijuana stolen. A statement from a suspect in the report though, said marijuana was taken from the apartment.

The official arrests and charges are from the police report.

Twenty-year-old Anthony G. Henderson was arrested for possession of a firearm, a class B felony, armed robbery, a class B felony, possession of more than 30 grams of marijuana, a class D felony, possession of stolen property, a class D felony, and probation violation.

Twenty-year-old Cortal M. Rice, member of the Latin Kings gang from Chicago, was arrested for armed robbery, a class B felony, possession of marijuana more than 30 grams, a class D felony, possession of stolen property, a class D felony, and probation violation.

Eighteen-year-old Timothy T. Taylor Jr. was arrested for armed robbery, a class B felony, possession of marijuana more than 30 grams, a class D felony, and carrying a handgun without a license, a class A
misdemeanor.

Twenty-year-old Justine N. Smith was arrested for assisting a criminal, a class D felony, possession of marijuana more than 30 grams, a class D felony, possession of stolen property, a class D felony, possession of handgun without a license, a class A misdemeanor, and
probation violation.