Men enter tournament as No. 1 seed

The IU men’s golf team will travel to East Lansing, Mich. this weekend, to compete in the Big Ten Championship. \nMichigan State will host the event from Friday through Sunday at the Forest Akers West Course. The Hoosiers, who are the top-seed coming into the tournament, will tee off with the Spartans Friday for the first 36 holes.\nIU is coming off a tie for third place in the Boilermaker Invitational with a 10-under par 854 (287-276-291). However, junior Jorge Campillo took the first-place individual honors by shooting 15-under par 201. Campillo also received his second Big Ten Golfer of the Week honor in three weeks on Wednesday. This is the junior’s seventh career Big Ten Golfer of the Week award, placing him two behind the all-time Hoosier leader in this category, now PGA Tour Golfer Jeff Overton (2002-05). \nIn West Lafayette last weekend, Campillo, Newsweek’s No. 25 ranked golfer, matched the course record with a career low 9-under par 63 through the first 18 holes. This was also the second-lowest 18 holes in Hoosier history. He then shot a 4-under 68 in the second round followed by a 2-under 70 in the final round.\nCampillo has won back-to-back titles, taken a second-place finish and tied for fifth twice this season. He has also totaled nine top-25 finishes this season and a 71.88 average to lead the team.\nThe Hoosiers, behind Campillo’s recent success, will look to win their first Big Ten title since 1998.