Right to life group to rally Sunday

Anti-abortion protestors will march, hold vigil

Three local organizations will present the annual Rally for Life at 2 p.m. Sunday on the lawn of the Monroe County Courthouse.\nMonroe County Right-to-Life, Bloomington Pro-Life and the Church of the Good Shepherd Pro-Life will hold the rally to remember the 1.3 million killed by abortion each year.\nThe rally is one of many national marches that coincide with the 35th anniversary of the Jan. 22, 1973, U.S. Supreme Court decision in the Roe v. Wade case.\nRally organizer Carole Canfield said that despite last year’s freezing rain, 120 people attended the rally. She extended an invitation to all of Monroe County this year.\nCanfield, who has been involved with the rally for almost 10 years, said that over the past few years, the rally has drawn a smaller turnout.\n“With the general apathy with the subject of abortion, that has declined,” she said.\nAssistant pastor David Currell of the Church of the Good Shepherd and a speaker from the Crisis Pregnancy Center and Hannah House Maternity Home will address the audience before they march down Walnut Street to Third Street, where the protestors will turn and then walk back up College Avenue.\nCurrell said he will discuss the pervasiveness of abortion in society and how the Bible applies.\nCurrell said he hopes people turn out to support human life.\n“I believe human life is sacred,” Currell said, “and we know that because of the testimony in the Bible. The taking of life is wicked, whether it be abortion, euthanasia or murder.”\nAttendees are asked to bring diapers, especially sizes 3 to 5, to help support the Crisis Pregnancy Center, a maternity house that teaches life skills to mothers and works with them if they want to go through the adoption process.