Bloomington Police Department reports Roommates robbed at gunpoint

The Bloomington Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that occurred early Saturday morning.\nOfficers were dispatched at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday to the 700 block of North Washington Street after two Bloomington residents reported they had been robbed at gunpoint, Bloomington Police Department Sgt. Jeff Canada said, reading from a police report.\nOne of the victims told officers he was sleeping at his residence when the sound of someone opening the front door woke him up, Canada said. The suspect had a gun and ordered the victim to turn over all his money, according to the report. After handing over his money, the suspect asked the victim if any of his roommates were home, Canada said.\nAfter the victim woke up his roommate, the suspect ordered him to give up all his money, but the roommate didn’t have any, Canada said.\nThe victims told officers they did not call the police right away because the suspect threatened them, saying he “knows where they live and would come back and get them,” Canada said.\nBPD gained information from Facebook.com after the victims told officers they thought they knew who the suspect was, Canada said.\nThe suspect is described as a 5-foot-10 black male in his early 20s with a light complexion and a stocky build. Anyone with information is encouraged to call BPD at 349-4477.