Man poses as priest at Notre Dame after sneaking into the stadium before Georgia Tech game

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – A man posted on the Internet a video showing how he sneaked into Notre Dame Stadium before the Georgia Tech game by posing as a Roman Catholic priest, prompting the university to re-emphasize its security procedures.\nThe six-minute video on YouTube showed the man posing by the team’s signature yellow sign reading “Play Like a Champion Today,” chatting with a television reporter and greeting the Fighting Irish as they ran onto the field to play Georgia Tech on Sept. 1. The video has since been removed.\nUniversity spokesman Dennis Brown said ushers made “an honest mistake” in failing to check the man for credentials, likely fooled by the camera crew that apparently followed him into the stadium.\n“A group like that would need to request a credential, a field pass,” Brown said. “(But) it looked professional enough that clearly the ushers at the gate were deceived and made a mistake.”\nBrown said that current security precautions, if followed, are enough to prevent such pranks from happening again.\n“We aren’t making any radical changes relative to stadium security at the gates,” he said. “As much as anything, we’ll just be emphasizing the procedures that we already have in place.”\nHe said the university knows the identity of the man because he wrote them seeking permission to use the video. Brown said the university responded that it couldn’t give an answer without seeing the video. Brown said the man didn’t contact the university again.\nBrown said the university does not plan to seek a criminal charge against the man, but is discussing what action to take.