"Deja Vu" Film: B | Extras: C-

I feel like I've seen this before

When making garbage like "Domino," it's a shame to think that director Tony Scott is the brother of Ridley Scott, whose career has been far greater and more successful. Yet, when Tony is making films such as "True Romance" or "Man on Fire," he's worth a damn. "Déjà vu" certainly is a reminder of the latter. Sure, the trailer looked bizarre, but this is a movie with Denzel Washington produced by Jerry Bruckheimer -- it has to be good. \nWhen a boat explodes in New Orleans, an ATF agent (Washington) is called to search for clues around the crime scene. He's so good that a crew of FBI techno-geeks (led by Val Kilmer) decides to show Washington its top secret machinery: a computer system that recreates events before they happen via satellites in space that cover the entire globe. Washington was just as confused as I was, but it all starts to make sense once the story really gets moving.\nThe guys spend most of their time in front of a dozen computer monitors, we learn that a woman's murder is tied to this terrorist plot, and Washington makes it his goal to hunt down the murderer. He even goes so far as to convince the FBI to let him use its other gadget: a time machine. \nIt's science-fiction, it's action, hell, it's just plain fun with a story that feels quite original. What aren't original though are the DVD supplements. You aren't given much -- a handful of deleted/extended scenes and a making-of featurette that runs with the film. Essentially a box pops up on your screen as you watch the flick, you click on it and you "go back in time" to the production footage. This stuff has been done before and I'd much rather have a good commentary track from the likes of Scott and Bruckheimer. \nI'm not sure if "Déjà vu" will hold up in subsequent viewings, but it's at least worth a rental. Besides, it's good to see a Tony Scott movie that doesn't make you feel like you need to drop some acid to even attempt to enjoy it.