Student dresses for summer all year

It's midwinter in Bloomington, but fifth-year student Ryan Worden is wearing jean shorts and aviators today. He wore them yesterday, and he'll wear them tomorrow, too. \nHe's been doing it every day for seven years, whether it's 100 degrees outside or there's a blizzard. He'll abstain from wearing jean shorts at church or working at a job that requires pants, but those are his only two exceptions. \nIt all started as a bet when Worden was 16 from a football teammate when he moved to North Carolina. He said he had a better tolerance for the cold weather after living in Indiana, and as fall turned into winter, a friend bet him $20 he couldn't make it through winter just wearing shorts. He made it through the year and decided to just keep going. \nSeven years later he's still rocking the sunglasses and shorts as he completes his second undergraduate degree. He said it's a great conversation starter and that he has his share of fans and imitators.\nWorden said his mom thinks he's insane and he said he gets weird looks in certain social situations, such as nice restaurants, but he does what makes him most comfortable.\n"I'm the one paying for the food. Why should I dress nice?" Worden said. "I feel like I can't breathe when I'm wearing long pants."\nWhile many people question his decision to wear shorts even in freezing weather, he justifies it by saying he's outside for 10 minutes and in class for five hours, where the heat is blasting. He said he has had his doubts about the plan but has stuck with it.\n"One day junior year there was like 2 feet of snow," he said. "That was rough." \nThere is an end in sight for the shorts days, though. Worden plans to go to law school and become a lawyer, and he knows he won't be allowed to wear shorts in court. \n"Oh, they'd throw me out if I wore shorts into court," he said. "After I get out of work, I'll change back into the shorts"