Hoosiers remain unbeaten with sweep of DePaul U.

Team to host pair of games this weekend against Lindenwood

The IU men's hockey team remained unbeaten last weekend with two wins against DePaul University. The Hoosiers improved their record to 4-0-2 with the wins in Chicago last Friday and Saturday.\n"Both games showed some challenges for the team, and I'm happy to see we overcame those challenges," senior forward Reed Schafer said. "We had all four lines play hard, and that is something we look for early in the season. In general, I'm happy about how the team played as a whole this weekend."\nFreshman goalie Craig Butler's net-minding led the Hoosiers in the first game as IU overcame a 2-1 deficit and won the game 4-2. Senior forward Mark Fischer said that Butler's play was outstanding. Fischer also added that it took the Hoosiers a little time to adjust to playing on a bigger rink since the team had played all but one game thus far at home on the smaller Frank Southern Ice Arena.\nThe second game was back and forth for IU until the third period. The Hoosiers led 3-2 heading into the third but gave up the first goal of the period, However, IU was able to finish out the Blue Demons with a final score of 7-4.\nThe Hoosiers will strive to stay unbeaten this weekend when they host Lindenwood University on Friday and Saturday. The weekend will provide tough games for the Hoosiers, Fischer said.\nThe Lions come to Bloomington with a 8-3-0 record and are in the midst of a nine-game road stretch. The team has won seven of its last eight games and swept Kent State University last weekend.\n"These games will definitely be a measuring stick for us," Schafer said. "They are a very good team that we are lucky to play at home. These games can prove that we are capable of playing with the top teams"