Woman says ex-boyfriend threatened to kill her

A 23-year-old woman told police her ex-boyfriend climbed into the window of her apartment while she was sleeping early Friday morning and threatened to kill her.\nTimothy E. Miller, 26, of Chicago, now faces preliminary charges of criminal confinement, battery, residential entry and interfering with the reporting of a crime.\nThe woman was asleep in her bed in the 2600 block of East Second Street when she woke up to find Miller, sitting straddled across her, holding a knife to her throat, according to a police report. Miller and the woman had broken up several months before, the woman said. She estimated that this happened at about 2:30 a.m., Bloomington Police Department Detective Sgt. David Drake said, reading from the report.\nThe victim reported that she reached over to try to grab her cell phone, and he grabbed it and threw it across the room. \nDrake said he threatened to kill her and himself, and he took various objects and shoved them into her mouth to keep her quiet. At one point, the report said, he covered her face with a pillow, and she nearly lost consciousness because she could not breathe.\nThe victim reported that he told her that he'd only leave if she "laid down with him and went to sleep," Drake said.\nThe victim said Miller fell asleep and then left at about 6 a.m., saying he would kill her if she called the police, according to the report.\nPolice believe Miller climbed in through a sliding window in her apartment that does not lock properly. According to the report, the woman said Miller knew about the broken lock.\nDrake said Miller called the Bloomington Police Station at about 8 a.m. saying he wanted to report a battery. He told police he was assaulted, and they told him to come into the station.\nShortly before 10 a.m., the woman called the station to report the incident.\nAccording to the report, Miller had cuts on his chest when he came into the station. Miller told police the woman attacked him, but the woman told police he had made those cuts himself during the night.