Hoosiers to face two ranked Big Ten teams

IU hopes to improve on 1-4 conference record

The IU women's volleyball team doesn't want to beat itself this weekend.\n"We are concerned with our side of the court," IU coach Katie Weismiller said. "When we beat Michigan, we talked before the game about playing our game. We want to do that again this weekend."\nThis weekend the Hoosiers hit the road to face two more ranked Big Ten teams. IU travels with a Big Ten record of 1-4 and an overall record of 12-5.\nSaturday, IU will try to end its four-game losing streak against No. 23 Minnesota at 7 p.m. in Minneapolis. The Gophers boast a 12-5 record and have won nine of their last 10 games. Minnesota split its weekend games, losing to No. 2 Penn State and beating then-ranked No. 14 Ohio State.\nThe Hoosiers travel to Madison, Wis. to play No. 14 Wisconsin at 1 p.m Saturday. The Badgers carry a Big Ten record of 4-2 and an overall record of 12-4. Wisconsin lost both games this past weekend to Penn State and Ohio State.\nBoth games will be tough, but Weismiller said that the team won't do anything differently to prepare for these particular games.\n"We prepared just like we do for every Big Ten team," Weismiller said. "We worked a lot on defense and ball control."\nThe players understand the toughness of these games and said they are trying to stick together. \n"Both places are hard places to play," senior outside hitter Anne Grabow said. "We worked a lot this week on communication, being loud and non-stop talking. We need to stick together as a team when we go to these tough environments."\nSenior defensive specialist Sara Diehl agreed with Grabow.\n"We want to focus on our side of the ball," Diehl said. "We just need to play as a team and keep it all together. I want two wins this weekend"