Senior Robson carries IU with two-goal performance Sunday

Senior forward Kevin Robson made the most of his fifth straight start Sunday against Michigan.\nRobson scored both Hoosier goals in the 2-2 draw against the Wolverines. The intensity Robson brought on the field was important to the outcome of the game, IU coach Mike Freitag said.\n"Kevin's been great," Freitag said. "As a senior, he has shown an example to the younger guys of what the heart and soul of Indiana soccer is all about. I am so proud of him."\nTrailing 2-0 in the first twenty minutes, the IU men's soccer team failed to match the intensity of the Wolverines until freshman forward Darren Yeagle made a run into the Michigan penalty box. The Louisville native drew a penalty kick when a Michigan defender pulled him down in the box.\nWith 12 minutes remaining in the first half, Robson confidently walked up to the penalty spot and put the ball in the left corner of the goal to cut the Michigan lead to 2-1.\nTwenty-two minutes into the second half, Robson struck again for the cream and crimson with a blast from 30 yards out, beating the Wolverine goalkeeper on the near post.\n"I stuck it pretty well," Robson said. "We needed that goal pretty bad. I was just lucky enough to make a good play."\n

Home blues still plagues Hoosiers

\nThe 2-2 tie against, Michigan extended the Hoosiers home Big Ten winless streak to five games.\nThe cream and crimson has not won a Big Ten home game in 23 months, since the Hoosiers beat Wisconsin 1-0 Oct. 14, 2004. Slow starts at home have hurt the team, sophomore goalkeeper Chay Cain said.\n"I think we need to come from the start and play," Cain said. "We kind of lolly-gag around for 20 minutes, and then we finally get into the game. Hopefully next game at home we can come out and get our stuff together right from the beginning and win one."\nThe Hoosiers have posted a Big Ten record of 0-2-4 at Bill Armstrong Stadium since the win against the Badgers in 2004. Winning for the fans is important for the team, Robson said.\n"We take a lot of pride in wanting to win for our home fans here," he said. "We get the best crowd support in the nation, and it definitely puts an extra burden on us when we let these people go home unhappy. We need to start giving these people wins so they keep coming out to watch us."\n

New faces shine for cream and crimson

\nSophomore forward Billy Weaver and freshmen midfielders Lee Hagedorn and Eric Alexander all played increased minutes against the Wolverines.\nFreitag was unhappy with the play of some starters, so he relied on his bench to play longer in the Big Ten opener.\n"People are going to have to perform," Freitag said. "If people aren't on, I have people who will step up. I've got to find guys who are going to take the field and perform."\nHagedorn said the bench players are there to come in and give the team a boost when the coach calls upon them.\n"Coach (Freitag) tells us to make sure the bench players are ready to go because we never know when we are going to need them," Hagedorn said. "Just lately in the past couple of games, it seems like when people are coming off the bench they are helping us give a good spark to the team"