"House" : Making diseases enjoyable

House may be the only show I have ever watched that actually makes me want to catch a rare deadly disease just so I can be abused by a morally ballast self loathing cripple. Sometimes I get so caught up in the fantasy, I forget that if I do come down with a bitchin' case of lupus and get sent to Princeton Plainsborough Hospital, Dr. House isn't going to be there to cure me of my disease and what ever lingering feelings of self worth I may have.\nTruth be told, House is possibly the only watch-able show left on Fox (sorry Simpsons), and through the second season it just seems to get better and better. If you are unfamiliar with the show, the basic premise is someone comes down with a mysterious deadly illness, a team of doctors lead by the cynical and physically/emotionally crippled Dr. House try to figure out what it is, Dr. House makes everyone feel like crap while figuring out what is wrong with the patient, patient is cured, roll credits. \nIn today's television marketplace, medical dramas are a dime a dozen, and with a new version of "CSI" or "Law and Order" hitting the schedule every season, shows centered on investigation are even more common. What sets "House" apart from the rest of the rabble is its unique sense of humor. Patients aren't treated with reverence. They are mocked and degraded. It is almost refreshing that you are expected to laugh at the person dying of cancer instead of cry with them.\nThis DVD set has made some vast improvements over the first season set. For example, this collection includes six single-sided discs as opposed to the three double-sided discs from last season. The double sided DVD is one of the worst ideas in the history of the home entertainment industry. It is up there with the laser disc and Beta. Also, there is the inclusion of watch-able special features. The best you could hope for on the first season was tour of the studio. This season is still light on the special features but at least now there are a couple of commentaries and a blooper reel. Then again, in the end the draw to this show isn't 45 minute character explanations by the executive producers. It is Hugh Laurie and his brilliant portrayal of the main character, which is just as good this season as it was last season, and hopefully will be next season.