Every guy's worst nightmare

If you thought Superman had father figure issues, Kal-El's got nothing on G-girl, the heroine of "My Super Ex-Girlfriend." A lack of fatherly affection at a young age is the only possible explanation for the insane way she lashes out at gentlemen callers.\nLuke Wilson plays Matt Saunders, an unsuccessful dater who takes a chance on asking out a stranger, Jenny Johnson, on a subway. Unbeknownst to Matt, Jenny is actually superhero, G-Girl (Uma Thurman). The two start to date and Matt gets to experience what it's like to be with someone who is, well, super. During the first hour the film's tone is kept quick and breezy. It actually manages to sneak in some good laughs about what it'd be like to date a super. And because it never really takes itself too seriously, it manages to be kind of fun. But it's all down hill once Matt dumps Jenny, and as G-Girl, she begins to make his life hell. \nShe throws his car into space, hurls a shark in his apartment, all the not so funny things seen in the previews. Needy is an understatement for G-Girl. She's a psychotic bitch, think Glenn Close in "Fatal Attraction" x 1000, whose mental instability is more annoying than funny. At one point Jenny tells Matt, "I have to help people everyday and nobody ever helps me, you really are my hero." Ok, so maybe she deserves a little sympathy, but not too much.\nIn a world of franchises, remakes and other recycled material, it's nice to see that director Ivan Reitman and writer Don Payne have tried a somewhat original premise and created a new character. However (and here's where my inner nerd comes out) the character of G-girl is extremely underwritten. All we're shown about her origin is that her undefined powers came from a stray asteroid. And for those girls excited for a new female superhero to look up to, G-Girl is anything but. Her name is G-Girl, not G-Woman. Her whole life revolves around needing to be accepted by men and as soon as she gains her powers her hair turns blond (great message.)\nAnd to answer the question everyone's waiting for; what's it like to fuck a superhero? Is it the greatest feeling ever or would you feel so inept that you want to find your own fortress of solitude and curl into the fetal position and cry for months? Well, the sex scenes are the film's highlight and Wilson smiled a lot. So much that maybe all the crazy aftermath would be worth it.