All About Me:

WFHB News script Writer kathy cook

P_8683

Ryan Dorgan Buy Photos

Kathy Cook is a freshman who writes news scripts for local non-profit radio station, WFHB, that airs on 91.3 FM and 98.1 FM. The station is mostly comprised of volunteers.

Her favorite aspect of the job is a weekly segment where they profile Bloomington volunteer organizations, such as the local food banks.

"I've been working there for years. The people there are great. It's such a fun environment to work in, the news side, because it's so fast-paced."

Music

Music is something Cook lives for. You can find her at home listening to her music on her computer, driving in her car or jammin' with her iPod on campus. Her absolute favorite band is the Wallflowers, with her favorite song being "I've Been Delivered" from the album Breach. Some of her other favorite artists include Pete Yorn and Liz Phair.

TV

When it comes to TV, Cook can't get enough of "Project Runway."

"The show is almost over, but I still love it. The fashion designers and all of the characters are just great."

Although she is not big into the reality TV scene, "it's not cheesy reality TV."

Food

A true Bloomington native, Cook enjoys vegan-style dining, at some of Bloomington's popular eateries such as Trojan Horse, Laughing Planet Cafe and Grazie's Italian Eatery where she always gets the four-cheese manicotti.

What does she have to say about being a vegetarian?

"I've been a vegetarian since I was really little. I eat a lot healthier and I don't eat a lot of fast food."

When she's not dining out on the weekend with friends, Cook lives at home and still has the luxury of getting some of her mom's cooking.

"That's the nice thing about living at home. My mom gets to cook for me a lot."

Accomplishments

A movie theater Tivoli, in Spencer, Ind. closed down in 1998. Since then the theater has been vacant, listed for sale at $55,000 and was going to be torn down last October.

And since the theater closed in 1998, all Cook has wanted to do is "save it."

"We were trying to save it, but with school and everything I didn't know if we could take it on.

Together with help from friends and preservation groups, Cook is looking to get the theater back and up-and-running sometime in the near future through fundraising.

"I love old buildings. And I've always had a sentimental attachment to the place and I didn't want to see it go"

More