Man involved in second OWI in as many weeks

Police arrested a man Monday after several residents reported witnessing his erratic driving. This was the man's second arrest on preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated in two weeks. \nThe police report stated that Aaron R. Jacobs, 27, was driving a black Monte Carlo eastbound near the roundabout on Moores Pike when he ran off the road into a light pole, knocking it out of the ground. Jacobs persisted with two front flat tires and heavy damage to the front of the vehicle, turning onto Sare Road, according to the report. \nWitnesses said he veered off of the road numerous times, running over several mailboxes. The report states Jacobs finally ran the vehicle off of the road into a ditch near Rogers Road, where he was found by Officer Chris Scott.\nScott reported that when he arrived, Jacobs stumbled out of the car and fell down. His speech was slurred and he was also unable to stand up on his own. A bottle of the prescription drug Soma was found in his possession with the prescription label ripped off of the bottle, according to the report.\nJacobs was taken to the police station where he was evaluated by Officer Monica Zahasky, a certified drug recognition expert. The report states Zahasky asserted that Jacobs was under the influence of a central nervous system depressant and a narcotic analgesic. No alcohol was present.