Fraternity reports theft

Seven members of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity reported $6,200 worth of electronics stolen from the house early Friday morning.\nThe residents reported two laptops, three iPods, one set of headphones and one cell phone stolen from the house sometime between 2 and 3:15 a.m., said IUPD Lt. Jerry Minger, reading from the police report. They also reported an iPod and an FM transmitter cable had been taken from a vehicle parked outside the house.\nOther members of the house said they saw two unfamiliar men walking around the house that morning, but assumed they were friends of other house members, Minger said. They provided descriptions of the men and the case is under investigation by IUPD detectives.\n

Students face drug charges after arrests

\nFreshman Lloyd Smith, 19, a resident of Briscoe Quad, was arrested Thursday night on preliminary charges of possession of marijuana with the intent to sell, according to a police report. Brian Davis and Katherine Wissell were also arrested on preliminary charges of possession of marijuana.\nMinger said two officers approached a car in the parking lot of Sembower Field with three occupants inside. They saw what appeared to be marijuana and rolling papers inside and asked the occupants to exit the vehicle.\nThe officers asked Smith to stand by the vehicle, Minger said, and he began running toward Foster Quad. An officer began chasing him, and as other officers joined in, Smith decided to stop, according to the police report.\nThe officers then returned to Sembower Field and arrested the other two individuals and confiscated the marijuana and rolling papers, Minger said.\nThe officers obtained a search warrant for Smith's dorm room and found 11.7 grams of marijuana and scales, as well as a bottle of brandy and a bottle of vodka.\nSmith was not available for comment by press time.