A 'Congenial' sequel

Fighting Alzheimers

If you liked the original "Miss Congeniality" and you like Sandra Bullock, you will want to see "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous." On the flip-side, if you hated the first, then chances are you will hate the second. Again, the movie focuses on friendship -- congeniality. \n"Miss Congeniality 2" picks up three weeks after agent Gracie Hart's (Sandra Bullock) Miss America Pageant. When Hart begins to pick-up where she left off, her pageant days and fame follow her into the field and cause conflict. This time, her notoriety has given her no choice but to become the face of the FBI. Through the power of make-up and another professional named Joel (Diedrich Bader), Agent Hart is "armed and fabulous." \nAs glamorous as Hart is, Agent Sam Fuller (Regina King) is not. Fuller's tongue is as hard as her fist and she does not put up with Hart's pompous demeanor. But when Hart's best friend, Miss America Cheryl Frazier (Heather Burns), and emcee Stan Fields (William Shatner) are kidnapped, Hart and Fuller are forced to work together.\nWhen agents Hart and Fuller arrive in Las Vegas, Hart's job is to promote the FBI and Fuller's job is to be Hart's bodyguard. The simple task goes haywire when Hart begins her own investigation. The Las Vegas FBI Bureau attempts to send Hart, Fuller and Hart's beauty squad home two times, but each time, Hart and Fuller manage to stay in Las Vegas. Thank goodness the female power team sticks to its guns because the dynamic duo saves the day. \nThrough nursing homes, drag shows and treasure boats, the message is clear -- friends support each other through thick and thin. Some scenes are ridiculous, such as when Hart warns the baggage assistants to be careful with her designer suitcase because, "That Fendi has my guns." \nThe storyline is similar to the first "Miss Congeniality," but with an absence of a love interest and new comical lines, "Miss Congeniality 2" still keeps the audience laughing. If you are looking for a fun evening where no thinking is involved, "Miss Congeniality 2" may just fit the bill. But wait until video -- it's not worth $8.