ZBT to host Bone Thugs 'N Harmony

Little 500 concert aims to raise money for charity

Following in the footsteps of Fabulous two years ago and Jurassic 5 three years ago, Bone Thugs 'N Harmony will take the stage April 23 for Zeta Beta Tau fraternity's annual Little 500 event.\nPre-reserved tickets are currently being sold for $15 and part of the proceeds are going to the Children's Miracle Network.\n"There's a big buzz about tickets, and the guys in the house are loving it," said Brian Nessel, external social chair for ZBT.\nBoth Nessel and vice president Adam Jacobs have been working hand-in-hand to make this year's Little 500 events a success to continue their musical tradition at Little 500.\n"It's a running tradition to have hip-hop and R&B," Jacobs said. "We want to have fun, raise money and add appeal to Little Five."\nAs for the billboard name of the group, Bone Thugs is one of the bigger names IU has seen during Little 500. \n"It's a big group that hasn't done much lately, but we've been contacted about Web pages printing the appearance (at ZBT) in Indiana," Jacobs said. "(They) have a pretty large following in the United States, Carribean and Mexico."\nBone Thugs seems to fit perfectly for this year's events, Jacobs said.\n"(Bone Thugs is) a name among many, they fit our price range and availability," Jacobs said. "The more tickets we sell, the more fun we will have and the more money will go to charity."\nAnd with a highly anticipated outcome of ticket sales, ZBT is well on its way.\n"Everyone in the house is helping," Nessel said. "Everyone gets excited about it."\nAnd the excitement is showing as Jacobs said each day there is growing interest in tickets.\n"I couldn't give you a specific number," he said. "It seems like the number changes every day."\nBut the excitement is not only because of ticket sales. Sophomore and ZBT brother Craig Wolf is simply excited about the event itself.\n"How many times in your life do you get to say you had a big band play at your house?" said Wolf. "It's a cool thing."\nWolf is also enthusiastic about where the money is actually going.\n"Our house is excited about doing something for the campus and giving back," he said.\nAs ZBT has begun to build a tradition in booking big, musical groups, it's something Jacobs would like to see continue.\n"(Booking big bands like Bone Thugs is) something we'd like to do in the future," Jacobs said. "Little Five" is a great time, and it is our way of adding to what is one of the best college weekends ever."\nThe event featuring Bone Thugs 'N Harmony and opening act, DJ Jumpin' James will take place at 7:30, Friday, April 23 at ZBT, 1640 North Jordan Ave. Tickets are $15 ahead of time and are available through reservation with any member of the fraternity or leaving a message at 333-0507.