Help out around the town

Be Part of a New Radio Show\nBloomingOUT has recently started a new Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender entertainment show on WFHB Community Radio. No previous radio or communication experience is necessary to sign up for the various volunteer positions offered by the new show. The show is looking for news writers, correspondents, technicians, producers and music directors to join its segment. \nFor more information, contact Mark Brostoff at 855-5317 or mbrostof@indiana.edu.

Hospice Volunteers Needed\nTerminally ill patients and their families need volunteers to provide companionship, comfort and caregiver relief. Join the VistaCare Hospice team for 1 to 2 hours a week and volunteer in one of three ways. Provide companionship and run errands for patients as a care volunteer, work behind the desk at the office as an administrative volunteer or help check up on families as a bereavement volunteer. Volunteer coordinator and social worker for VistaCare Jebadiah Bond said all volunteers receive training and must go through reference checks, criminal background checks and TB testing. Bond also said volunteers can choose to sign up for special occasions instead of the 1 to 2 hour per week commitment. \n For more information, contact Jebadiah Bond at \n330-9640 or jebadiah.bond@vistacare.com.

Food Pantry Services\nMonroe County United Ministries needs volunteers to help with bagging, weighing and sorting at their food pantry. An individual to coordinate the work of other volunteers is also needed. Volunteer coordinator for the United Ministries Cliff Edens said the food pantry is the biggest in the county and is almost entirely run by volunteers. The United Ministries is also in need of daycare volunteers to look after and play with children. The minimum age to volunteer is 16. \nFor more information, contact Cliff J. Edens at \n339-3429 or mcum@Bloomington.in.us.

Carnival Event Volunteers\nThe Broadview Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization is holding its annual spring carnival April 30 from 6 to 8 p.m. and will need volunteers to work at various booths. Responsibilities will include taking tickets, conducting games, handing out prizes and selling food. PTO President Courtney Arthur said the school plans to hold the carnival outdoors but is also prepared to hold the event in the school gym in case of bad weather. Arthur also said volunteers will be expected to arrive a little early to help prepare for the carnival. Minimum age requirement for volunteers is 16.\nTo sign up, contact Courtney Arthur at 336-9182 or Courtnfer@CS.com.\n-- Contact staff writer Kye Lee at kyelee@indiana.edu.