BLUFFTON, Ind. -- A presentation on child sexual abuse prompted reports of about 30 such crimes and has led to the arrest of an Ossian man charged with molesting an 11-year-old.\nJason M. Mall, 27, remained in the Wells County Jail on Saturday in lieu of $50,000 bail. He was arrested Tuesday on a charge of child molestation by deviate sexual conduct, a felony punishable by 20 to 50 years in prison.\nMall was arrested after Wells County sheriff's deputies investigated allegations made by the 11-year-old child after a presentation by Indianapolis police Sgt. Terry Hall, said Sgt. Steven Cale, a Bluffton police detective.\nOther individuals alleged nearly 30 cases of abuse after Hall's presentation last week, Cale said.\nThose reports were taken by both Wells County law enforcement officers and investigators with the Wells County Division of Family and Children's Services, Cale said.\nMore than 150 students requested interviews with investigators to talk about "bad touches" involving either themselves, a friend, or someone else, Cale said.\n"I've been overwhelmed with work (since the presentation)," Cale said. "I've been at the Bluffton schools every day since."\nOfficials were pleased with the reaction to the program, which was heard by 2,317 Wells County elementary school students.\n"The last thing we want to see is a child molested," Cale said. "But if we find victims, we know we have a good opportunity to stop abuse."\nA similar presentation by Hall last autumn in Wabash County led to the arrest of Michael Reahard, accused of molesting a number of boys in the North Manchester area. He has been returned to Wabash County after violating his bail and fleeing to Canada this month.\n"We are preventing future kids from being molested and hurt," Cale said.
Abuse presentation to kids results in arrests
Over 150 interviews with investigators requested by elementary students
Get stories like this in your inbox
Subscribe



