'Jury' gives no reason to 'Runaway'

For those who love a good legal drama with a surprise twist ending, "Runaway Jury" is the movie to see. Based on the John Grisham novel, "Runaway Jury" gives an inside look at jury selection and how legal councils determine who will serve on their jury. The movie follows one ruthless jury consultant (Gene Hackman) on his quest to secure a verdict during a well-publicized trial on the negligence and liability of gun use. What he does not anticipate includes a blackmailer (Rachel Weisz), a juror who can spin the verdict (John Cusack) and a passionate lawyer with a love for the goodness of the law (Dustin Hoffman).\nThe DVD comes in widescreen and full-frame and contains loads of special features. Extras include deleted scenes, director commentary, scene commentaries with Hackman and Hoffman along with two documentaries starring the two veteran actors, a behind-the-scenes ensemble piece, a making-of featurette and a behind-the-scenes look at the cinematography, production design and editing of the movie. \nSo, not only is this movie worth your rental or purchase fee based solely on its intriguing plot, but by the amount of informative special features. Besides, it's a treat to see Hackman and Hoffman co-star together for the very first time in both of their long, respective careers.