Final Fantasy returns to Nintendo ... finally

After a long boycott of Nintendo consoles, Square and Nintendo have reunited at last, first with "Final Fantasy Tactics Advance" for Game Boy, and now with "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles." \nBut "Crystal Chronicles" may not be what gamers have come to expect from the "Final Fantasy" franchise. Rather than provide an intricately narrated single player experience, "Crystal Chronicles" delivers action oriented, multiplayer hack and slash gameplay, resembling PC titles such as "Diablo" and "Dungeon Siege" more than past "Final Fantasy" games. While the game may be played single player, the fun multiplies exponentially as more players join your "Crystal Caravan" in its quest to save the world from a deadly miasma.\nThe game boasts incredible graphics and includes perhaps the best water effect on a game to date. The catch, however, is that each player must connect a Game Boy Advance to the GameCube to control the game. This streamlines gameplay, allowing players to shop and manage inventory without pausing the action for everyone else, although it catapults the cost of playing "Crystal Chronicles."\nIf you and a friend or two each own a Game Boy Advance, and you enjoy cooperative gameplay, "Crystal Chronicles" is guaranteed to provide hours of fun, but as a single player game, any other Final Fantasy title is probably a better choice.