Women's swim back in action

The IU women's swim and diving team is back in the pool, not one week after winning the Big Ten Championship. \nThe Hoosiers, who completed their best season since 1981, have begun their training for the NCAA Nationals meet, which begins on March 20 in Auburn, Ala. \nThis weekend, seven swimmers will travel to Minneapolis with hopes of improving their cut times. Senior Jenny Bechem and freshman Kristen Bradley will compete to improve individual times, while the 200-freestyle relay team of senior Anne Williams, junior Meghan Medendorp and sophomores Tammy Kostner and Erin Smith look to improve on their time.\nFor now, the squad must wait until the NCAA decides on a cutoff time, to determine who will qualify to compete in the meet.\nMen's tennis travels to Illinois\nThe No. 42 ranked IU men's tennis team will travel to Champaign, Ill., on Saturday for its matchup against the No. 32 Hurricanes from the University of Miami. The Hoosiers are looking to keep up their momentum after a strong win on Wednesday against No. 60 Ball State. The Hoosiers will enter their match on Saturday with a 9-1 record. The Hurricanes will come in with an impressive record of 5-1 with their lone defeat coming at the hands of the No. 6 ranked team in the nation, the Florida Gators. \nMiami comes in as the No. 32 team in the nation and is the third highest ranked team the Hoosiers have played this year (No. 27 Notre Dame and No. 26 Vanderbilt). The Hurricanes are led by the No. 9 ranked singles player in the nation, sophomore Todd Widom. The Hoosiers will counter with sophomore Jakub Praibis who is 10-4 on the season. The Hoosiers and the Hurricanes have faced one common opponent this season in North Carolina State. In that match, the Hoosiers won 7-0 while the Hurricanes defeated the Wolfpack 6-1.\nThe match is scheduled for a 1 p.m. start time.\nMen's Lacrosse hosts Pittsburgh\nThe men's lacrosse team hosts the University of Pittsburgh at 1 p.m. this Saturday at Mellencamp Pavilion. The team is coming off of a 1-1 weekend in which it posted an 8-6 win over in-state rival Purdue but lost 8-7 to No. 13 Buffalo.\nThe team traveled to West Lafayette last Friday to take on the Boilermakers. IU overcame a waterlogged field from melting snow and a two-goal third quarter deficit to post the win. But, against Buffalo, IU was tied 7-7 before losing in the final 30 seconds.