IU hosts ranked Big Ten rival

Things do not get any easier for the IU women's basketball team. After a game at No. 14 Penn State last Sunday, the Hoosiers (9-10, 2-7 Big Ten) return home to host No. 15 Minnesota this Sunday at 1 p.m. at Assembly Hall. \n"This is a really big game," IU coach Kathi Bennett said. "It's one of the biggest ones of the season. We want to pick up a victory and have to play at a high level of energy if we want to be successful."\nThis game starts the final seven-game stretch of the regular season for IU, four of which are at home. At this point in the season, the Hoosiers are in next to last place in the Big Ten, while Minnesota holds the fourth spot in the conference with a 5-3 record, 16-3 overall. Penn State is in first place with an 8-1 mark. \nThis marks the lone meeting between these two schools this season. Last year, IU lost at Minnesota by 15 points, but the Hoosiers won in Bloomington by 10.\nDespite dropping six consecutive games, IU holds a 4-2 record in its last six games versus ranked Big Ten teams, which gives IU hope on Sunday.\nThe Hoosiers have received quality play from its seniors in recent games, including senior guard Kristen Bodine and senior forward Jill Hartman. Bodine has led the team in scoring the last two games, averaging 17 points as well as dishing out five assists and grabbing four boards in the last two contests. \n"Her body just feels better," Bennett said. "She feels more comfortable I think. She wants it. She realizes this is her last go-around, and she has been aggressive."\nBodine elaborated on her scoring prowess in the last few games.\n"I've got my confidence back in my shot," Bodine said. "Teams have been playing man-to-man and I've been reaping the benefits by beating my man. I've just felt more comfortable, and I've looked more for my shot." \nAt the same time, Hartman has recorded double-figure scoring totals in each of her last two games, scoring 15 points at Iowa and 12 points against the Nittany Lions. She averaged only 4.0 points per game prior to these contests. Hartman will look to be a factor on offense against Minnesota. \n"We need some confidence. (The first 10 minutes) will be huge," Hartman said. "If we can hang with them that will give us some confidence."\nMeanwhile, the Golden Gophers feature last year's All-Big Ten player of the year in junior guard Lindsay Whalen, who averages 22.6 points per game and has scored 430 points this year. In addition, they are led in the paint by sophomore center Janel McCarville, who shoots nearly 70 percent from the field and is a real rebounding threat. \n"We have to get back in transition," Bennett said. "They are number one in the conference in transition offense, so we have to stop them in transition. We also have to stop Whalen from getting to the rim, which she loves to do and keep McCarville off the glass. She is such a powerful rebounder."\nThe Hoosiers have lost a mere two games at Assembly Hall this year, in succession to Wisconsin and Michigan State two weeks ago. \nHartman said it is especially important to protect your home floor in the Big Ten because then you can get on a roll. Hartman added that once you get on a roll by winning several games in a row at home then you hopefully carry that momentum over to the road.\nIU has confidence and they are carrying a no-fear attitude into Sunday's battle with Minnesota. \n"We think we can win," Bodine said. "We haven't been playing well lately, but that can't keep us from playing well in this game. We have to go into this game with a positive attitude"