Hoosiers take perfect record into last meet

After back-to-back thrashings of Big Ten foes Ohio State and Purdue, the IU women's swim team looks to keep their undefeated record and No. 14 ranking intact this weekend as they travel to East Lansing, Mich. The Hoosiers, 6-0 (4-0 in the Big Ten) will take on Michigan State and Penn State in the final regular season conference competition of the year.\nThe last time IU and Penn State met was in the 2002 Big Ten Conference Championships. The Hoosiers had the Nittany Lions beat, but were disqualified in the final race, allowing PSU to get the comeback win for the Big Ten Championship. This weekend will be the first step towards retribution. \n"Penn State is a very disciplined team," coach Dorsey Tierney said. "They are well coached, and always race with lots of guts and heart."\nIn addition to facing the No. 20 Nittany Lion squad, the Hoosiers will compete against Michigan State. While the Spartans do not have the national ranking comparable to their conference opponents, MSU heads into the weekend playing the role of spoiler, looking to upset two nationally recognized powerhouses at once.\n"The Michigan State team is much improved," Tierney said. "They especially have good sprinters, in the back, fly and medley events."\nThe Hoosiers head into this weekend's competition with plenty of momentum, coming off beatings of Purdue and Ohio State. IU routed both teams, beating Purdue 198-102 and stomping the Buckeyes 150.50-84.50. But, it seems the IU squad's biggest challenge is getting healthy after as many as twelve swimmers have battled severe flu symptoms.\n"We're getting better," Tierney said. "I was holding my breath all week. It was a relief to come into the office in the mornings and see the message light on my phone was not blinking. The training staff has done a great job for us."\nThe Hoosiers look to jump out to another early lead when the action starts at 6 p.m. today.