Mikado offers something special

If you're looking for a place to take that special someone or just going out with a group of friends, check out Mikado. Located at 895 S. College Mall Rd., it is only a short distance away from campus.\nWhen visiting a Japanese restaurant, do as the Japanese would, order edamame as an appetizer. This dish of freshly boiled soybeans served salted was originally introduced to Japan more than 1,000 years ago and has since become part of the Japanese culture. At Mikado, you have the opportunity to experience such a delicacy. For $4, your server will bring you and your guest a bowl of fresh edamame. If its too warm, just wait a minute before you begin munching. Among the other appetizers, Mikado offers a variety of vegetable and seafood dishes. One such dish, grilled Shiitake Mushrooms available for $7, was filling, but slightly bland. \nWhen it's time to order your entrée, choose the Sushi. Mikado offers delicious hand rolled fresh sushi of multiple varieties. If raw fish is not your forte, you can always try the California Roll ($5.95), a combination of avocado, crab, cucumber and rice, rolled in dried seaweed. This Maki roll makes for an excellent meal. When ordering your California Roll, you have the choice of having rice on the outside or on the inside. If you are at all worried about your sushi falling apart, make sure to specify rice on the inside. \nAmong the other fabulous sushi selections, Mikado offers wonderful tuna and salmon Maki Rolls ($3.95 per roll). Made from fresh fish, these rolls are pleasing to the palate. For those looking to eat something more exotic, you can choose a variety of dishes offering octopus, eel, or sea urchin. \nAfter finishing an appetizer and entrée at Mikado, I guarantee you will not have room for desert. But if by chance you do, there are many options offered on the menu. From ice cream to Japanese honey cake, just take your pick and indulge your taste buds. \nMikado is a wonderful authentic Japanese restaurant. Celebrate a special occasion or just go with friends; in either case, you will be delighted by your meal.