Coldplay dude hits the Faultline

The art of dissonance blends with challenging musical innovation to create an album well worth hearing. Faultline doesn't create music for the weak-minded. This album is going to take some delving, some real exploration. But when you find the core of the electronic blends that are Your Love Means Everything, you'll have found a complete album worthy of a place in your record collection.\nSome of this music is ambient, other songs are more upbeat. As you listen to the album, you'll travel through a sonic landscape like few other artists have been able to produce. Opening with a repetitive series of keyboard tones in the title track, the sound is allowed to gently and slowly develop. The pace of this music is its strong point, given that if you take the time to listen to it as a full piece, you take a lot of emotion away from the listening experience.\nYou'll hit highs, as when the music leads into Chris Martin's vocals in "Where Is My Boy?" You'll get a full mental workout as you listen to the dissonant tones of "Sweet Iris." Then it's back to a more subtle mix for "Bitter Kiss," which features Jacob Golden as the vocalist. The background of this one is the high point, with a very subtle rhythm of guitar and percussion blending with harmonic vocals.\nBefore you know it, you're right in the middle of a club track with hip-hop vocals, and your head starts moving as the beat controls you. The album continues through an aural soundscape. The music finalizes itself as we wind down for the completion of the album, where Coldplay's Martin performs the vocal version of the title track. We end where we started and are left pondering what we've heard.\nSure, the music is complex, and it takes more than one listen to appreciate what you hear in Your Love Means Everything. But if you take the chance and put some time into your listening, you'll find enjoyment that isn't always present in modern music. This CD isn't for everyone, but if you enjoy musical innovation, you'll love it.