Women prepare for match with Butler

Battle-tested Hoosiers head to Indy

Chances are Butler won't show the women's basketball team anything they haven't already seen early this season. At 0-4 Butler is losing by 35 points on average. IU on the other hand has faced two top ten teams in Stanford and North Carolina State, and while the Hoosiers came up short in those two games, the experience of playing top teams has prepared the Hoosiers for the rest of its non-conference schedule. \nTonight when Indiana (1-2) heads to the Hinkle Fieldhouse to play Butler, the team is concentrating on just getting a win under its belt.\n"The competition we've gone against has been incredible, and I felt that NC State played really good team defense. They will be one of the best defensive teams we've gone against," coach Kathi Bennett said. "It showed in that we really struggled to score, and our shooting percentage was low, but I think in the long-run it will help us.\n"We need to taste a win, and no matter how ugly it is, we got to dig one out. I think we need that so we can get confidence in ourselves."\nIU will likely be without starting point guard Kristen Bodine. The junior injured her knee in the IU's 50-44 loss to the Wolfpack on Friday. Bodine, who transferred from Butler a year ago, will visit an orthopedic surgeon today to find out the extent of her injury. After the NC State game, Bennett feared the injury might be a torn anterior cruciate ligament, which would probably end Bodine's season.\nIn Bodine's absence, the team will call on a trio of guards to step up and fill the void. Bennett has not decided who among freshman Jenny DeMuth, junior Khisha Asubuhi, or junior Jill Hartman will start in Bodine's place. The plan at this time is to move senior Heather Cassady over to point guard, where she played her first three seasons in Bloomington, with DeMuth, Asubuhi or Hartman taking over at the off guard.\n"We're waiting, (Bodine) needs to see the orthopedic surgeon (today). We're going to have to have some people step up. Jenny, and Jill, and Khisha are going to have to step up. Heather definitely will be the (point)," Bennett said.\n"Coach told me I'm going to need to step up, but I'm just going to try to fill her shoes, because her shoes are huge shoes to fill. It's a challenge, but I think our team will be all right," DeMuth said of replacing Bodine.\nFor now, the battle-tested Hoosiers are keying in on notching a win and trying to get a winning-streak going.\n"I think it'll definitely help our confidence and get us on the right track," senior wing Tara Jones said. "I think (our confidence) is still high. We came out of last weekend feeling good about the (North Carolina State) game. We got accomplished some things we wanted to, and one was stopping a top ten team defensively. We know we can do it now"